Events and meetings constitute an integral part of the project to ensure its policy relevance. Annual meetings of think tanks and academic institutions convene key actors world-wide to share regional experiences and lessons learned, with a particular focus on governance, indicators, and the measurement of strong institutions. Policy dialogues and other public events contribute to creating a platform to both share experiences of the members and gather feedback to continuously develop the project’s network. Finally, regional consultations with representatives of think tanks, academic institutions, government and regional organisations are also being held to identify areas in which an international network of global health think tanks and academic institutions can make the greatest impact.
The map below presents an overview of the outreach of the network’s events and consultations.
- A 1000 Days of SDGs - Looking Ahead, 4-5 December 2017, Geneva - Save the date
- Accelerating political support for SDG implementation, 25-27 July 2017, Santiago, Chile
- SDPI Stakeholder Consultation on Health-related SDGs, 13 July, Islamabad - Pakistan news coverage in Dawn Islamabad, Associated press of Pakistan, The Express Tribune Islamabad, and Daily Times Islamabad
- Implementing health-related SDGs in West Africa / Mise en oeuvre des ODD liés à la santé en Afrique de l'Ouest 2-3 May 2017, Dakar - Declaration (English - French)
- South Asian Consultation of Think Tanks and Academia on Health and SDGs, 5 December, Islamabad - Report
- Think tanks and evidence based research to accelerate health-related SDGs, 15 November 2016, Vancouver – In the context of the Fourth Global Symposium on Health Systems Research - Report
- Second Meeting of Global Health Policy Think Tanks and Academic Institutions – Implementation of the health-related SDGs: Off on the right track?, 7-8 November 2016, Rio de Janeiro - Report
- Regional consultation of African health think tanks, 13-14 October 2016, Kampala - Report
- Implementing the health-related SDGs: Bridging the Global-National Gap, 11 October 2016, Berlin – In the context of the World Health Summit 2016
- Accelerating the implementation of the SDG agenda in global health, 19 April 2016, Geneva – In the context of the Geneva Health Forum 2016
- First Meeting of Global Health Policy Think Tanks and Academic Institutions, 12-13 November 2015, Geneva – Public events: